Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Young Person's Request


Zeke said:

sea. i like this blog. it is somthing that makes sens.but i think that you should take two weeks off.


Conversation ensues days later:

Mom: You made a comment Zeke ...

Z: Yeah you should check it. It's on time out. Did you check it?"

Mom: Yes.

Z: I think you should take two weeks off instead.

Mom: Why?

Z: Because one week ago you said you were going to take a week off and you still haven't.

Mom: What do you think I've been doing?

Z: Blogging too much.

Mom: What about the people that never saw the posts I made?

Z: I don't know.

For me, I think it's more about spending time with them. Not so much to not make posts as to make sure that I'm offline at crucial times. Like when they wake up, to make meals, and to hang out. If I post and then miss those times it really affects the whole family.

One reason it's hard for parents to pay attention to our young ones is simply that we didn't have the attention we needed when we were young. It just is too hard to give something you never got. So I again turn to the listening exchange as a way for me to create the attention my young ones want from me.

What a return on a two hour investment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf