Saturday, August 26, 2006

It sucks to be an Arab/Muslim living in the US these days. When you go to the middle east, you are a US tax-payer destroying people's houses with your money, and when you come back to the US, you are a suspected terrorist and plane hijacker. --Raed Jarrar


His blog is here.

Read his interview by Amy Goodman of Democracy Now on the strange incident at JFK airport where he was asked to remove his tee shirt which read, "We will not be silent" in English and Arabic. He was told that wearing that to an airport was like wearing "I am a robber" while visiting a bank.

Thanks to the dilettante's quote of the day for alerting me to this.

I have to shake my head and wonder just how far my blonde, American-born looks would get me if I were to wear the same tee shirt on a flight. Somehow I think no one would complain. But I could always try it out Monday and Tuesday because I'll be flying both days. Then the following Sunday out of Denver.

Anyone have a tee shirt that says, "We will not be silent" in English and Arabic they can loan me? I'm in Oceanside now and then I'll be in Portland,OR and Denver CO.

2 Comments:

Anonymous will said...

I do not have such a
T-Shirt. If you were wearing one I would want to make
it wet.
Love,
Will

11:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Sea's Blog said...

hmmm, but I still need the shirt. :-)

11:09 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf